For over a decade now, OpenNebula Systems has been building the open source technology that helps organizations around the world to manage their corporate data centers and build Enterprise Clouds with unique, innovative features.
If you want to join an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry and the global open source community, keep reading, because you can now join exceptionally passionate, talented colleagues, and help world´s leading enterprises implement their next-generation edge and cloud strategies. We are hiring!
Born back in the day as an open source platform for Private Clouds, OpenNebula is a powerful, but easy-to-use, open source Cloud & Edge Computing Platform whose community includes nowadays leading companies and public agencies in a wide range of industry niches and countries.
Since 2019, and thanks to the support from the European Commission, OpenNebula Systems is leading the edge computing innovation in Europe, investing heavily in research and development, and playing a key role in the key strategic initiatives of the European Union. https://opennebula.io/innovation/
We´re building an awesome engineering first culture with an Open Source blueprint which promotes Creativity, Innovation, Collaboration, Open Communication and Iterative Work, and we´re currently looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer to come join us in our distributed, fully-remote, international team.
Belonging to the Developing and Engineering Department, you’ll work in an agile environment to develop new integrations; maintain the company internal and open source project QA/CI infrastructures for package building, testing and delivery. You will also participate in the upstream community, on challenging projects deploying innovative edge/cloud systems and provide professional L3 support and deployment services to customers.
- Develop new OpenNebula integrations and extensions
- Maintain the package building, testing and delivery infrastructure
- Provide integration and deployment services to customers as well as Technica Level 3 support to production infrastructure
- Collaboration in open-source communities and availability to occasional travel and participation in international events and meetings
- Preparation and edition of reports
- Advanced administration of Linux environments: RHEL/AlmaLinux, Ubuntu/Debian
- Virtualization: KVM, LXC, libvirt/QEMU
- Version Control System: Git
- Automation: Ansible, Terraform
- Programming experience (in one or more of: Ruby, bash, C/C++, Python or GoLang)
- Demonstrated technical writing skills (in english)
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively and loop in the required expertise as necessary
- Good understanding of storage systems: Ceph, NAS/SAN, LVM, qcow2 file format and operations
- Good understanding of networking technologies: TCP/IP stack, Linux and Open vSwitch bridges, iptables, Open vSwitch, VXLAN, FRR.
- Cloud management platform: OpenNebula
- Advanced use of public cloud: AWS, Equinix, GCP, Azure
- Containers: Kubernetes, Docker
- Testing Platform: Jenkins (basic Groovy knowledge)
- Development of solutions integrating and extending open source products
- Edition of documentation in a software development project
- Fluent spoken English
What's in it for me?
Some of our benefits and perks vary depending on location and employment type, but we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Competitive compensation package and Flexible Remuneration Options: Meals,i Transport, Nursery/Childcare…
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux any distro is welcome)
- Private Health Insurance
- PTO: Holidays, Personal Time, Sick Time, Parental leave
- Intensive schedule on Fridays and during the whole month of August
- All Remote company with bright HQ centrally located in Madrid, and offices ii Boston (USA), Brussels (Belgium) & Brno (Czech Republic)
- Healthy Work-Life Balance : We encourage the right for Digital Disconnecting and promote harmony between employees personal and professional lives
- Flexible hiring options: Full Time/Part Time, Employee (Spain/Usa) / Contractor (other locations)
- We are building an awesome, Engineering First Culture and your opinion matters: Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued
- Be exposed to a broad technology ecosystem. We encourage learning and researching new technologies and methods as part of your everyday duties.