Born back in the day as an open source platform for Private Clouds, OpenNebula is a powerful, but easy-to-use, open source Cloud & Edge Computing Platform whose community includes nowadays leading companies and public agencies in a wide range of industry niches and countries.
If you want to join an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry and the global open source community, keep reading, because you can now join exceptionally passionate, talented colleagues, and help world´s leading enterprises implement their next-generation edge and cloud strategies.
For over a decade now, OpenNebula Systems has been building the open source technology that helps organizations around the world to manage their corporate data centers and build Enterprise Clouds with unique, innovative features. Also since 2019, and thanks to the support from the European Commission, we are also leading the edge computing innovation in Europe, and playing a key role in the key strategic initiatives of the European Union. https://opennebula.io/innovation/
Come join our distributed, fully-remote, international team as a Cloud Solutions Architect and thrive in the high-energy environment of a dynamic company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued! You will have the chance to learn at every step of the way with people that help shape Cloud Computing every day and will lead the Edge Computing market.
We are seeking a Cloud Solutions Architect who is an expert on Cloud Implementation and/or Architecture to help drive awareness and adoption of OpenNebula and its new strategic project in edge computing. If you are passionate about Cloud concepts and systems integration, while enjoying customer facing engagements, keep reading!
To excel in this role, you are a motivated self-starter, who exhibits an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, loves solving challenging problems and working directly with customers.
You will often conduct discovery sessions with customers to understand their current cloud deployment and challenges, as well as their future objectives and goals.
- Qualifying business alignment and technical fit between prospect, customer and partner requirements and OpenNebula product and services.
- Driving high levels of engagement through solution positioning and RFQ/RFP responses focused on the detailed feature-set capabilities and highlighting the business value of the solution.
- Designing and supervising Proof of Concepts (PoCs) with OpenNebula.
- Preparing cloud and edge computing architectures (SoW) for cloud deployment and upgrade services, and supervising their execution.
- Developing and delivering compelling consultancy sessions, tutorials, presentations, demos, use cases, solutions and discussions to help drive awareness and adoption of OpenNebula.
- Administration of Linux environments: RHEL/AlmaLinux, Ubuntu/Debian.
- Virtualization: KVM, LXC, QEMU, libvirt.
- Understanding of storage systems: Ceph, NAS/SAN, LVM, qcow2 file format and operations.
- Understanding of networking technologies: TCP/IP stack, Linux bridges and routing, iptables, Open vSwitch, VXLAN, FRR..
- Cloud management platform: OpenNebula.
- Automation: Ansible, Terraform.
- Completely fluent in English writing and verbal.
- Advanced use of public cloud: AWS, Equinix, GCP, Azure
- Containers: Kubernetes, Docker
- Development of solutions integrating and extending open source products
- Edition of documentation in a software development project
What's in it for me?
- Some of our benefits and perks vary depending on location and employment type, but we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Competitive compensation package and Flexible Remuneration Options: Meals, Transport, Nursery/Childcare…
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux any distro is welcome)
- Private Health Insurance
- PTO: Holidays, Personal Time, Sick Time, Parental leave.
- Intensive schedule on Fridays and during the whole month of August
- All Remote company with bright HQ centrally located in Madrid, and offices in Boston (USA) and Brno (Czech Republic)
- Healthy Work-Life Balance : We encourage the right for Digital Disconnecting and promote harmony between employees personal and professional lives
- Flexible hiring options: Full Time/Part Time, Employee (Spain/Usa) / Contractor (other locations)
- We are building an awesome, Engineering First Culture and your opinion matters: Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued
- Be exposed to a broad technology ecosystem. We encourage learning and researching new technologies and methods as part of your everyday duties.