For over a decade now, OpenNebula Systems has been building the open source technology that helps organizations around the world to manage their corporate data centers and build Enterprise Clouds with unique, innovative features.
Born back in the day as an open source platform for Private Clouds, OpenNebula is a powerful, but easy-to-use, open source Cloud & Edge Computing Platform whose community includes nowadays leading companies and public agencies in a wide range of industry niches and countries.
If you want to join an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry and the global open source community, keep reading, because you can now join exceptionally passionate, talented colleagues, and help world´s leading enterprises implement their next-generation edge and cloud strategies. We are hiring!
Come join us in our distributed, fully-remote, international team, where we promote Creativity, Innovation, Collaboration, Open Communication and Iterative Work, and we’re seeking a Full-Stack Developer to work in the development of the OpenNebula open source cloud management platform and its new strategic project in edge computing
Since 2019, and thanks to the support from the European Commission, OpenNebula Systems is leading the edge computing innovation in Europe, investing heavily in research and development, and playing a key role in the key strategic initiatives of the European Union. https://opennebula.io/innovation/
The OpenNebula Systems team is seeking a talented Full-Stack with a passion for developing amazing end user experiences. Join our Development Team and contribute to the design and development of web based user interfaces of OpenNebula. If you are passionate about creating beautiful and usable experiences, you belong to our team!
Designing, developing and maintaining OpenNebula UI front-end and back-end components
- Testing coverage of developed components (TDD)
- Creating easy to follow documentation for web components
- Best of breed front-end style and layout
- Improving and focusing on excellence in user experience
- Keeping up to date on web technologies and updating existing components
- Identifying process improvements to deliver the highest software quality
- Software development, integration and maintenance
- Design and development of applications that contain a user-facing view component
- Web technologies: Webpack, node.js, Redux/React, Cypress
- Use of Linux environments: RHEL/AlmaLinux, Ubuntu/Debian
- Use of version control systems: Git
- Demonstrated technical writing skills (in english).
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively and loop in the required expertise as necessary
- GitFlow development experience.
- Administration of Linux environments including networking and storage.
- Programming languages: C++, Go, Ruby, Shell
- Development of solutions integrating and extending open source products.
- Edition of documentation in a software development project.
- Team lead experience.
- Fluent spoken English
What's in it for me?
Some of our benefits and perks vary depending on location and employment type, but we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Competitive compensation package and Flexible Remuneration Options: Meals, Transport, Nursery/Childcare…
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux any distro is welcome)
- Private Health Insurance
- PTO: Holidays, Personal Time, Sick Time, Parental leave.
- Intensive schedule on Fridays and during the whole month of August
- All Remote company with bright HQ centrally located in Madrid, and offices in Boston (USA) and Brno (Czech Republic)
- Healthy Work-Life Balance : We encourage the right for Digital Disconnecting and promote harmony between employees personal and professional lives
- Flexible hiring options: Full Time/Part Time, Employee (Spain/Usa) / Contractor (other locations)