For over a decade now, OpenNebula Systems has been building the open source technology that helps organizations around the world to manage their corporate data centers and build Enterprise Clouds with unique, innovative features.
If you want to join an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry and the global open source community, keep reading, because you can now join exceptionally passionate, talented colleagues, and help world´s leading enterprises implement their next-generation edge and cloud strategies. We are hiring!
Born back in the day as an open source platform for Private Clouds, OpenNebula is a powerful, but easy-to-use, open source Cloud & Edge Computing Platform whose community includes nowadays leading companies and public agencies in a wide range of industry niches and countries.
Since 2019, and thanks to the support from the European Commission, OpenNebula Systems is leading the edge computing innovation in Europe, investing heavily in research and development, and playing a key role in the key strategic initiatives of the European Union. https://opennebula.io/innovation/
We´re building an awesome engineering first culture with an Open Source blueprint which promotes Creativity, Innovation, Collaboration, Open Communication and Iterative Work, and we´re currently looking for a Cloud Systems Developer to come join us in our distributed, fully-remote, international team.
Belonging to the Developing and Engineering Departments, we are seeking a Cloud Systems Developer to enhance the integration, certification and support of OpenNebula drivers with different datacenter components. You’ll work in an agile environment to develop new features and integrations, maintain the testing infrastructure, participate in the upstream community, and provide professional support, integration and deployment services to users. You will also participate in the upstream community, on challenging projects deploying innovative edge.
- Developing and maintaining the following:
* OpenNebula drivers that interface with infrastructure components - hypervisors, storage and networking
* OpenNebula automation APIs. This includes the terraform OpenNebula providers as well as Ansible modules.
* OpenNebula appliances: OneKE (OpenNebula Kubernetes) and Virtual Router.
- Keeping up to date on technologies and updating existing components
- Identifying process improvements to deliver the highest software quality
- Collaborating with the Engineering team in L3 support, issue troubleshooting and triage, contributing to knowledge management system; and occasional remote deployment and upgrade of customer cloud environments
- Participating in innovation projects, designing and implementing needed components as well as participating in writing needed deliverables
- Collaborating with the Sales team in discovery and demo sessions, and in customer sessions to enhance existing products and address use cases and requirements
- 3+ years experience in software development (git, gitflow)
- Proficiency with scripting languages (ruby, python ideally)
- Administration of Linux environments specially the storage, networking and virtualization subsystems
- Demonstrated technical writing skills (in english)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and loop in the required expertise as necessary
- Development of solutions integrating and extending open source products
- English: Native/Fluent
- DevOps tools, ideally experience with Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform
- Cloud management platforms (e.g. OpenNebula or OpenStack)
- Advanced use of public cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
What's in it for me?
Some of our benefits and perks vary depending on location and employment type, but we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, but the salary range offered for this job is 33000-42000€ per year.
- Competitive compensation package and Flexible Remuneration Options: Meals, Transport, Nursery/Childcare…
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux any distro is welcome)
- Private Health Insurance
- 6 hours workday on Friday's and everyday during August
- PTO: Holidays, Personal Time, Sick Time, Parental leave.
- All Remote company with bright HQ centrally located in Madrid, and offices in Boston (USA) and Brno (Czech Republic)
- Healthy Work-Life Balance : We encourage the right for Digital Disconnecting and promote harmony between employees personal and professional lives
- Flexible hiring options: Full Time/Part Time, Employee (Spain/Usa) / Contractor (other locations)
- We are building an awesome, Engineering First Culture and your opinion matters: Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued
- Be exposed to a broad technology ecosystem. We encourage learning and researching new technologies and methods as part of your everyday duties.