For over a decade now, OpenNebula Systems has been leading the development of the European open source technology that helps organizations around the world to manage their corporate data centers and build their Enterprise Clouds.
If you want to join an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry and the global open source community, keep reading, because you can now join a team of exceptionally passionate and talented colleagues whose mission is to help the world's leading enterprises to implement their next-generation edge and cloud strategies. We are hiring!
Since 2019, and thanks to the support from the European Commission, OpenNebula Systems has been leading the edge computing innovation in Europe, investing heavily in research and open source development, and playing a key role in strategic EU initiatives such as the IPCEI-CIS and the “European Alliance for Industrial Data, Edge and Cloud”.
We are currently looking for Content Specialist to come and join us in Europe as part of our new team developing the next generation management platform for the Cloud-Edge Computing Continuum.
The role of a Content Specialist role is to define and execute strategies for developing captivating and engaging content to boost brand awareness and interest in OpenNebula. Responsibilities revolve around conducting research and analysis of OpenNebula features and collaborations to identify new opportunities, keeping abreast of the latest trends, producing presentations and progress reports, creating content through various mediums, and managing the lifecycle of our content assets. You will collaborate with the development and engineering teams and with other content creators, all while adhering to the company's policies and standards. A Content Specialist should be comfortable finding creative ways of building an online presence, as well as using analytics and SEO in the formulation of a content strategy.
What you will do
Collaborate with the development, engineering, innovation, community, and sales teams to ideate and define content goals.
- Collaborate in developing an effective content strategy, to reach the desired content and marketing goals.
- Research content and user trends to ensure that content is relevant and appealing.
- Oversee all content initiatives to ensure brand and tone consistency, as well as community engagement.
- Coordinate the contributions (both internal and external) to our Community Blog, managing the lifecycle of all content assets related to OpenNebula.
- Support other members of the team in publishing relevant contents while improving their style and layout.
- Create non-technical content for a variety of platforms and channels (including blogs, websites, and social media).
- Take care of proof-reading and editing content before publication.
- Manage content calendars and ensure that the content remains consistent across all platforms.
- Help to produce press releases and other pieces of corporate information about OpenNebula Systems.
- Track reader and content analytics to generate reports and suggestions for improvement.
- Keep up-to-date with content trends, consumer preferences, and global advancements in the technology sector.
What you will bring
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in literature, journalism, marketing, communications, or similar.
- Experience in the technology sector, ideally around cloud computing.
- Experience or sensibility around the concept of Open Source.
- A minimum of three years of experience in content creation, marketing, communications, or similar.
- A portfolio of published work.
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
- Good knowledge of content and layout design tools.
- Good knowledge of various content platforms such as social media, blogs, and print media.
- Strong understanding of content practices such as SEO, SMO, and PPC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The ability to keep abreast of content and consumer trends and advancements in technology.
What's in it for me?
Some of our benefits and perks vary depending on location and employment type, but we are proud to provide employees with the following:ç
- Competitive compensation package and flexible remuneration: Meals, Transport, Nursery/Childcare
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux)
- Private health insurance
- Paid time off: Holidays, Personal Time, Sick Time, Parental leave
- Afternoon-off working day every friday and during summer
- Remote company with bright HQ centrally located in Madrid; offices in Boston (USA), Brussels (Belgium) and Brno (Czech Republic); and access to office space near your location when needed. During the first year, for onboarding purposes, and for participation on certain projects, employees should be able to attend events and face-to-face meetings in our Madrid offices and be available to travel to Brussels and maybe other European cities. All employees are also required to attend our company-wide face-to-face all-hands meetings twice a year.
- Healthy work-life balance: We encourage the right for Digital Disconnecting and promote harmony between employees personal and professional lives
- Flexible hiring options: Full Time/Part Time, Employee (Spain/USA) / Contractor (other locations)
- We are building an awesome, Engineering First Culture and your opinion matters: Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued
- Be exposed to a broad technology ecosystem. We encourage learning and researching new technologies and methods as part of your everyday duties