For over a decade now, OpenNebula Systems has been leading the development of the European open source technology that helps organizations around the world to manage their corporate data centers and build their Enterprise Clouds.
If you want to join an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry and the global open source community, keep reading, because you can now join a team of exceptionally passionate and talented colleagues whose mission is to help the world's leading enterprises to implement their next-generation edge and cloud strategies. We are hiring!
Since 2019, and thanks to the support from the European Commission, OpenNebula Systems has been leading the edge computing innovation in Europe, investing heavily in research and open source development, and playing a key role in strategic EU initiatives such as the IPCEI-CIS and the “European Alliance for Industrial Data, Edge and Cloud”.
We are currently looking for a Product Manager to come and join us in Europe as part of our new team developing the next generation management platform for the Cloud-Edge Computing Continuum.
Directly reporting to the CEO, the Product Manager will oversee and manage the various cross-functional activities concerning the OpenNebula open-source and commercial products throughout their lifecycle to ensure they support the company’s strategy and meet the market demands. They are expected to translate business strategies into technical requirements, including specifications for software development.
The Product Manager will be responsible for product planning and execution across development, engineering, community marketing and sales. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in leadership roles, strong strategic and analytical skills, and the ability to foster a culture of accountability and performance-driven results. The Product Manager must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a strong understanding of the cloud computing market, experience in open source software development, and strong background in project management, with expertise in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
What you will do
Performing research on the cloud and edge management platform market and ecosystem.
- Doing competitive landscape and benchmarking to analyze and compare product's features, and identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Contributing to the definition of the strategy of the product, including vision, positioning, competitors, and differentiation.
- Defining value proposition conveying what the product is and how it is strategically positioned to aid future marketing and sales initiatives.
- Communicating the product strategy internally, and alignment of the teams involved in development, delivery, support, promotion and sales.
- Engaging with prospects, users and customers, and developing a deep understanding of their needs to ensure that the software solution is successfully meeting business goals and users' needs.
- Gathering and analyzing feedback of users, customers, projects and any external and internal stakeholders from cross-functional teams to help define, prioritize, and maintain requirements for product features and integrations.
- Creating and maintaining a detailed product roadmap according to user, customer and project needs.
- Contributing to the design of the global architecture and APIs, and the internal architecture of the main building blocks.
- Scheduling, managing and coordinating product releases across multiple teams, and keeping up with timelines for implementation, delivery schedules, and deadlines.
- Managing and mitigating risks and resolving issues regarding release quality and schedule.
- Working with community and marketing in product communication and promotional material, leading any press releases and campaigns related to product releases or features.
- Monitoring the release process, downloads and collecting feedback from the different teams as well as customers for review.
- Continuously measuring and analyzing product performance, product expansion into new markets, and using data to inform future product decisions.
- Driving user adoption and awareness, assisting in go-to-market strategies, product messaging, and marketing plans.
- Scheduling, planning and chairing the meetings of the Product Management Board
- Ensuring all team members are adhering to product development best practices as well as enforcing policies.
- Staying updated on emerging technologies, best practices, and industry standards to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
What you will bring
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- A master’s degree and certifications in product management are preferred but not necessary.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in development, project or product management.
- Hands-on experience in managing or contributing to open source projects.
- Extensive knowledge of various product functions, the software development process, and the Daily Scrum and Sprint Planning, including defining user stories, writing clear and concise product requirements, and collaborating closely with designers and developers.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment following an agile methodology and critical product concepts such as the MVP.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization and to interact with external stakeholders.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Deep understanding of the product vision, product launch, and other concepts is required.
What's in it for me?
Some of our benefits and perks vary depending on location and employment type, but we are proud to provide employees with the following:
- Competitive compensation package and flexible remuneration: Meals, Transport, Nursery/Childcare
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux)
- Private health insurance
- Paid time off: Holidays, Personal Time, Sick Time, Parental leave
- Afternoon-off working day every friday and during summer
- Remote company with bright HQ centrally located in Madrid; offices in Boston (USA), Brussels (Belgium) and Brno (Czech Republic); and access to office space near your location when needed. During the first year, for onboarding purposes, and for participation on certain projects, employees should be able to attend events and face-to-face meetings in our Madrid offices and be available to travel to Brussels and maybe other European cities. All employees are also required to attend our company-wide face-to-face all-hands meetings twice a year.
- Healthy work-life balance: We encourage the right for Digital Disconnecting and promote harmony between employees personal and professional lives
- Flexible hiring options: Full Time/Part Time, Employee (Spain/USA) / Contractor (other locations)
- We are building an awesome, Engineering First Culture and your opinion matters: Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued
- Be exposed to a broad technology ecosystem. We encourage learning and researching new technologies and methods as part of your everyday duties