For over a decade now, OpenNebula Systems has been leading the development of the European open source technology that helps organizations around the world to manage their corporate data centers and build their Enterprise Clouds.
If you want to join an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry and the global open source community, keep reading, because you can now join a team of exceptionally passionate and talented colleagues whose mission is to help the world's leading enterprises to implement their next-generation edge and cloud strategies. We are hiring!
Since 2019, and thanks to the support from the European Commission, OpenNebula Systems has been leading the edge computing innovation in Europe, investing heavily in research and open source development, and playing a key role in strategic EU initiatives such as the IPCEI-CIS and the “European Alliance for Industrial Data, Edge and Cloud”.
We are currently looking for a Partnerships and Business Development Manager to come and join us in Europe as part of our new team developing the next generation management platform for the Cloud-Edge Computing Continuum.
We are seeking a Partnerships and Business Development Manager with great communication skills and an understanding of the enterprise private and hybrid cloud industry to help our company grow. The new manager will define and execute the Business Development and Partner Engagement Program in close collaboration with the various teams involved in the sales funnel such as marketing, community, solutions architecture, sales, support and services, and customer success. They will identify outbound leads and partners from company activities in projects and events, and establish strategic business and technological collaborations with key companies in the market to grow revenue and brand recognition. To excel in this role, they need to be a motivated self-starter, who exhibits an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, loves solving challenging problems and working directly with customers.
- In collaboration with the community, marketing and sales teams, developing and executing a Business Development Program with main target markets, partner/customer identification and prioritization, qualification process, nurturing, proposition and closing
- Understanding customer and partner needs, and planning new strategies in response to market and competitors’ behavior.
- Coordinating the business opportunities form all company activities related to collaborations with companies in the ecosystem
- Creating and leading the Strategic Partnership Program
- Maintaining and executing the Partner Programs
- Assess partnership opportunities, negotiating attractive partnership deals and ensuring mutually beneficial partnership terms, and maintaining and deepening relationships with existing partners
- Defining campaigns to generate sales in collaboration with partners, and developing metrics to measure ROI from partnerships
- Working in sync with the product development and engineering teams to develop sustainable and commercially viable products, and to deliver and meet customer and partner expectations
- Working with the customer success team to build lasting relationships with key customer accounts
- Keeping up with the latest industry developments, including market positioning of corporate competitors
What you will bring
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- A master’s degree and certifications in sales management are preferred but not necessary.
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Development, Partner, Sales or Pre-Sales Manager in the IT market.
- 3+ years overall IT/development Background.
- Hands-on experience in managing or contributing to open source projects.
- Experience working with global customers.
- Good interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Analytical skills and the ability to recognize the demands on the side of the clients.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills (in english)
What's in it for me?
Some of our benefits and perks vary depending on location and employment type, but we are proud to provide employees with the following:
- Competitive compensation package and flexible remuneration: Meals, Transport, Nursery/Childcare
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux)
- Private health insurance
- Paid time off: Holidays, Personal Time, Sick Time, Parental leave
- Afternoon-off working day every friday and during summer
- Remote company with bright HQ centrally located in Madrid; offices in Boston (USA), Brussels (Belgium) and Brno (Czech Republic); and access to office space near your location when needed. During the first year, for onboarding purposes, and for participation on certain projects, employees should be able to attend events and face-to-face meetings in our Madrid offices and be available to travel to Brussels and maybe other European cities. All employees are also required to attend our company-wide face-to-face all-hands meetings twice a year.
- Healthy work-life balance: We encourage the right for Digital Disconnecting and promote harmony between employees personal and professional lives
- Flexible hiring options: Full Time/Part Time, Employee (Spain/USA) / Contractor (other locations)
- We are building an awesome, Engineering First Culture and your opinion matters: Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued
- Be exposed to a broad technology ecosystem. We encourage learning and researching new technologies and methods as part of your everyday duties